Keto Chicken Florentine Recipe
This is a tasty recipe that will satisfy the hungry appetite. You can smell the butter and shallots. The heavy cream and spinach is a favorite combination. The salt and pepper brings all the ingredients to a wonderful balance.
- 1 Chicken leg quarter
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Minced Shallots
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Fresh Spinach
- 1.5 Cups Chicken Stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Optional: Mix in a few sun-dried tomatoes for color and taste.
- Melt the butter in a pan, adding the shallots at the same time.
- Add Chicken over the shallots and season with salt pepper (Remember that you can always add more at the end).
- Add enough chicken stock to barely cover the chicken. Bring to a simmer.
- Cover and poach over low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Take chicken out of the pan and put it aside.
- Reduce the juices in the pan to around a quarter of a cup.
- Add the heavy cream and spinach. (optional: add sun-dried tomatoes to your pleasure).
- Simmer over low heat until sauce is slightly thick.
- Return the chicken into the pan.
- Serve hot.
This is a perfect dinner, which you could combine with a green salad or a low-carb vegetable. The spinach, however, may be enough. If you are getting fancy, this would pair nice with a low-carb white wine. Source: If you want to make it easy, CLICK HERE for an 8-week keto meal plan that includes recipes like this one, plus much more…