Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes with Berries Compote Recipe
Are you hungry for breakfast for for a nice keto dessert to satisfy your appetite? These keto pancakes may be what you need. The cream cheese and the berry compote make a nice balance. Don't worry, the berries are not necessarily going to put you over your daily carb level.
For the Pancakes:
- 1/4 Cup Cream Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Almond Flour
- 1 Tbsp Butter
For the Berries compote:
- 1/4 Cup Mixed Berries (blueberries, strawberries)
- 1 Tsp Erythritol
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
For the Pancakes:
- Mix all of the ingredients in a food processor (except the butter).
- Continue to process until well mixed.
- Melt the butter in a heated non-stick pan.
- Use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop the batter and pour.
- Cover the pancakes while cooking.
- Once you start to see bubbles, then you know that it is time to flip the pancakes.
- Gently flip the pancakes and cook for about 1 minute.
- Do this until all the batter is used up.
For the Berries Compote:
- Heat all of the ingredients in a pan, bringing it to a simmer until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Serve the pancakes as you like.
- Optional: 2 Tbsp light Whipping cream) or cinnamon.
Be creative in what you would like to add to this recipe. Perhaps you would like to add butter and cinnamon or some other low-carb option. Once you have the base recipe down, you can veer off the beaten path and blaze trails for new recipe variations. Let us know what new variation you made. Source: Thanks to the folks at Custom Keto Diet for providing this recipe. They offer a low carb/keto meal plan that is geared to make reaching ones goal a much easier and enjoyable task. Their meal plan includes many recipes like this one.